Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Mission Update...Week 1 in Texas! August 9-15, 2016

He's In Texas!!







Hello Family Friends and All!

Thank you for you letters they are so great to read!

I arrived here in Texas at noon. We were met there by our mission president! He is an awesome guy!

We then had our incoming interviews and a quick orientation about driving and how to talk to people. What I noticed in Texas is that there is humidity but it isn't as hot as Tempe Arizona. So I consider it more bare able in Texas to be outside. In Texas they put grass everywhere so it cools down the sidewalks a lot. Also rain storms come out of oblivion and poor for 20 min then are gone lol. It's awesome

Then We the went to the mission home and had a Texas BBQ we ate great eat and then slept with the office elders.

That next day we had got our new trainers and got our bikes and IPads.
My trainer has a car because our area is so gigantic! We cover a whole stake because we are the Spanish missionaries!

My new trainer is awesome! His name is Elder Revelli! He is Italian!
He is also 6'7" he speaks great Spanish so he saves me a lot in conversations.

That first day with my new companion I discovered that Texas has like
100000 Cristian denomination churches one on every street!

I'm surprised to see that so many people speak Spanish here! It's great!!!! Most of them speak English but but prefer Spanish.

I went to the Spanish ward and got to participate in my first ward council in Spanish and my first sacrament mtg in Spanish too. They have a big Spanish ward that covers 4 stakes. So there is lots of people going to that! I love learning Spanish and I'm so exited to speak to all my friends and others in my Ward that know Spanish!

The food is awesome. I try not to eat to much because I don't want to gain to much weight! The food is defiantly Tex Mex and that's awesome it's more like Mexican and Italian mixed together with more meat and spices! It's awesome! We get feed dinner just about every night! It's great!

Yesterday I was fed spaghetti tacos, seriously!

No comments: