Week 7 in Texas
Dear Family and Friends
What a wonderful week!
This has been a week of overcoming pride and learning!
Thank you all who have supported me it my mission it
really is a blessing!!
Recently I have seen how using Preach My Gospel has
blessed my mission. I believe that if all missionaries tried their best to live
the standards of Preach My Gospel the church would already have
50000000 members.
One thing I learned about the Book of Mormon is that the
Book of Mormon is how people will know if this is the true church of God. You
must have a testimony of the Book of Mormon to have a testimony of the church.
So if you don't know if this is Gods church start there!
This week I was able to watch general conference in the
wonderful language of Español! I understood a lot of it but I missed a lot so I
will go back and watch it in English! I did like president Monson's talk about
the Word Of Wisdom. He didn't speak much but one of the few times he did he
decided on the Word of Wisdom. INTERESTING!?!?!?!?
My Spanish has multiplied by like a million in the past 3
weeks. I am very glad that God has blessed me with help as I continue to work
hard and pray.
Many of you are struggling. I love you and God loves you.
-Elder Thompson
Week 8 in Texas
Family and Friends,
This has been a difficult but such a great week. I have seen how the spirit can help so many and I am very happy that I can hold that spirit.
The wether has been really wired here in Texas. One day it's hot and one day it rains all day and then one day it's cold. I don't know what to expect anymore.
People here in Texas love Halloween and pumpkins. Especially pumpkins. Like every house or ranch or farm has at least 2 pumpkins at their entrence. I love it!
This week I had some cool spiritual experiences:
The first experience surprised me and and I thought it was amazing
We went to go visit a less active member because we hadn't seen him at church that day. As we came into his house we found out that he had found people that hated the church and were lying about some of the churches sacred things. Basically Anti. I had a suden impression that cam out of nowhere to share with him 1 Nephi 6. (Talks about how the Book of Mormon is of God and not of the world) it helped him understand that not many things of God are found on the internet. We saw him again at church this Sunday.
We then found a family outside their home and we asked if we could share a message. They let us into their house just to tell us that we shouldn't come back because they don't want what we had. They said they are following "Christ" and nothing else. I had a feeling to show them the Book of Mormon. I read to them a passage that talked about how we should follow Christ and be baptized. (2 Nephi 31: 13) they realized that the book was of Christ and the husband then said "those are the words of Christ." They then said they would read it.
I had an experience the other day. I was having a bad day all of the planed appointments we had fell through. I said to my self "missionaries don't get sad" "put some energy into our steps!" 5 seconds later As we walked down a street I had a sudden impression to go to a certain house. As we walked up a man came out. He said oh hi I dint even hear you knock I was just on my way out. He said that he wanted to talk to us because they are looking for a church (he was smoking and looked distressed).
It showed to me that as I work hard and show God I are willing to serve he will then provide the miracle.
I know my savior lives and loves me and loves you too.
-Elder Thompson
Week 9 in Texas
Family and friends,
It's hard to believe I have almost been on my mission for
4 months.
This is crazy and fun at the same time.
This week I had my
first presidents Interview! I learned a lot!
This week I received some Mexican candy favored with
tamarind! It was great!! I also bought some Mexican soda that tasted great I
bought it from a street vender!
I also caught a spider!
I have seen the miracles of the spirit. This week I
talked with a less active. As I tried to use the spirit and listen. The spirit
gave me the exact scripture he needed and he plans to come next week to church.
It was a literal miracle.
This week we met a person who agreed with just about
everything that we said!
Sorry I don't have much this week but I have lots of
pictures.
I bear testimony that this is the true church of Jesus
Christ and God the father. I know it's true.
I know my savior lives!
Helaman chapter 12
was really cool!
I love you all!
-Elder Thompson
Week 10 in Texas
Family and friends!
Thank you for your support on my mission! You are all the
best people ever!
Recently I have had some interesting experiences!
This Sunday I ate Menudo is a cow stomach soup. It was
really weird but good at the same time.
During the week we decided to go over to to a less active
members house. When we met him at his brothers house he was working on a boat.
He said he might not be able to come to church because he
needs to finish the boat. As soon as I heard that I jumped up and spent the
next like 2 hours helping him so now he has no excuse. :)
On Monday we set a baptismal date with one of our
investigators! She has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and knows it's true,
she even defended it! She hasn't been able to be baptized because her work
keeps her from coming to church. Just recently she miraculously has seen that
her boss changed that she now has Sunday's off! So she will most likely be
baptized on December 3rd!
This morning we found out that my companion will go to
Fort Worth and become a zone leader! As for me I will stay here and now lead
the area! I don't know if I'm ready!
Happy Halloween!
This week I learned that in Mexico they have a thing
called "día de los muertos" (day of the dead" it's cool because
they spend a whole day remembering a person that has died. They eat that's
persons favorite food and such remembering their life and the things they did.
Which is funny because the American version (Halloween)
is just for candy! My favorite!!!!
This week I learned an important lesson. Don't judge! We
did some service for a member. The first time I met him i judged him. He later
told me about how like 10 years ago he lost everything even his cars.
It taught me that you never know what people have gone
through.
I know the Book of Mormon is true! Read it!
- Elder Thompson
Week 11 in Texas
Friends and Family,
Thank you all so much for your support in all that you do
for me.
This week has been very interesting and fun and i have
learned so much. This week I got a new companion his name is Elder Langi. He is
awesome and what I love about him the most is that he is just such a loving
person. He is from California. I am very exited to work with him!
This week I fought a hornets nest with about 100 hornets on
our patio. I did get stung once but we won in the end!
We did some service for flower mound this week. Flower mound
is a town in Texas and it was named after a literal mound of flowers. The mound
is relatively large and has a large metal fence that goes all around it we
repainted this fence for service with about 50 other people and it was really
cool the only problem is the chiggers....
We received like 12 packages of cupcakes and breads from a
cool person we are eating well.
Its poring rain right now and our backyard is now a
river.
A few days ago we decided to visit one of the people that we
have been teaching his name is Hector. Now hector here fell of the map like 2
months ago because of his work.but 2 weeks ago we finaly were able to meet with
him and while there he told us he was in chapter 10 of first Nephi in The Book
of Mormon. we saw him yesterday and he told us that he has now read all the way
to 2 Nephi chapter 25! he read about 100 pages in less than 2 weeks! he said he
can feel the spirit so strong when he reads the book and he knows that its true
because of the feelings he has! It was so awesome! The lord has prepared him!
My companion and I got a prompting to go to an investigators
house this last week. But the thing is we passed by this house earlier that day
and we dint see their car so we thought that it would be pointless to go by
again because they wouldn't be home. I dint know how to get there but we
decided to have faith and follow the prompting. by taking some streets that I
thought might be right I miraculously got to their house. We find that their
car still inst there but we decide to still knock. We found her there and we
were able to teach her about the book of Mormon. She really liked it and was
willing to read it!
I know my savior lives and that he loves you.
-Elder Enoch Max Thompson


No comments:
Post a Comment